Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yes, More LIma and Miraflores

I thought I was done with Lima but I'm not.  I have more great photos to show and some stories.  Also, we went to Miraflores one day and it was so beautiful.


Plaza San Martin

Beautiful balcony


Bus Stop

All of these buildings are part of colonial Lima, all after the Spaniards came.  I think it's a surprise because we think of South America and the Inca culture.  Lima is a very European city.  There are a lot of buildings that  look so European.

On the day before we left for our big trip to Cusco and Puno, we spent a day walking around Miraflores.  It's along the coast, a sort of suburb.  Luis lived there most of the years he was an adult although as a child he did live in the center of Lima.  Miraflores is a cool place to live, with a great night life.  It reminds me a lot of La Jolla though much bigger.  The Parque del Amor is on a cliff above the ocean.  It is full of mosaic benches and walls.


She is my sunshine!

The statue that I already posted is very famous.  Here it is again.  I also took a photo of a couple in the Parque del Amor.  We laughed so much because when we got home and looked at our photos, Luis, Mariana, and I had all seen this couple and photographed them.  I thought I would keep a copy of this couple with me.  I hope Luis and I end up in this park in our 70's.  He thinks it will take a miracle.
Us now
I hope we are this lucky!!

Or this lucky

There were beautiful views of the sea, La Rosa Nautica, where we ate our first day in Peru and my lovely daughter.
The Costa Verde


Is this where the lighthouse obsession started?

We went to Larcomar, a spiffy shopping center built in to the cliffs in Miraflores.  We ate lunch with a beautiful view, ducked when a parasailer flew by, and went to the movies.  $4 a person.

Pisco sours 

Marcio on my Iphone
rather typical

Larcomar Shopping Center

I made everyone walk for miles that day.  Beautiful and a very rare sunny day.  Again, it reminded me of  La Jolla.

No comments:

Post a Comment